The art of homeopathy
Have you ever tried homeopathy? Do you want to know why it is so popular? Email me to have a chat!
My children were raised on it, 100 million people use homeopathy in Europe alone, and several more hundreds of millions globally.
Patients often start their journey with homeopathy while taking allopathic (conventional) drugs.
Now more than ever before, people are taking responsibility for their health, and they want a natural medicine which is gentle and without side-effects.
We are called to create a better way of looking after ourselves, and homeopathy lends all its sense to the word healthcare: it is about respecting the body's intelligence, its exquisite inner ecology, while also reconnecting with our emotions, with what lies in the unconscious, with our energetic body and with the higher aspects of ourselves.
We take time, during the consultation, to explore all these aspects.
The correct homeopathic remedy can immediately turn your health around, and the earlier you start, the better.
£65 for the first consultation
£50 for follow-ups
I see my patients every 4-6 weeks.
'The highest ideal of cure is the rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health'
Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) - founder of homeopathy) 2nd aphorism, Organon of the Medical Art
Examples of remedies
Very useful for travel sickness
Characteristically there is vertigo and dizziness with nausea and vomiting
May be useful in early pregnancy, especially if the person cannot bear the sight of food
The person may tend to suppress negativity and anger
Sympathetic to others, useful in cases where night watching over children or the sick has undermined strength
Better: Lying down quietly
These people often feel alone, forsaken and need company
They are affectionate, yielding and tearful.
They can be manipulative to get attention
A prominent feature is the changeable nature of the illness and the person
Children coming to the parents' bed to be reassured when scared
Often dislike eating rich, fatty foods like pork
They feel the cold yet are intolerant of any form of heat. Crave fresh air and open the windows
Their catarrh is thick, and yellow or green
They are prone to middle ear infections
They are usually thirstless
These people are usually outgoing, strong and solid
They tend to take little care of their appearance
They can have red, dry, flaking skin, which can itch and burn and is worse from washing
They are hungry and thirsty, particularly around 11am, and will crave sweet and spicy foods
They are untidy
They want to know all the answers, are very inquisitive, impatient and hurried
Teenagers can be lazy, love debating for the sake of argument
Excerpts from Get Well Soon: A Guide to Homeopathic First Aid - 6th Edition - Yondercott Press
Can be ordered from Helios Pharmacy
The science of homeopathy
- It was discovered 200 years ago by the German physician Samuel Hahnemann
- It is the second most used system of medicine in the world
- It is provided for on the Swiss NHS and in German Land of Bavaria
- In 2007 an experiment led by the Finlay Institute was carried out on 2.1 million people in Cuba involving the use of homeopathic prophylaxis to combat an outbreak of leptospirosis. It was so successful that this treatment has been administered to the entire Cuban population ever since (11 million people), with the result that this disease has almost been eradicated from the island.
- The substances used to make homeopathic remedies are not only highly diluted, which makes them completely safe, but also vigorously shaken at each stage of the serial dilution process to activate their electro-magnetic properties
For the nerds amongst you :)
- Renowned scientists in the world are now supporting homeopathy because the result of their work is starting to have a bearing on the plausibility of homeopathy. Among them:
Physicist and Nobel laureate Professor Brian Josephson of Cambridge University UK, who argues that the interactions of biomolecules with their substrates are best described by quantum theory and electromagnetic signalling.
Virologist and Nobel laureate Professor Luc Montagnier MD, co-discoverer of the AIDS virus, whose work shows the influence of electromagnetic fields having a biological effect.
Jerry Pollack, professor of bio-engineering at Seattle's University of Washington. He published a book, The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor (2014), in which he outlines what happens to water when it is in contact with a surface, (eg a membrane), and the formation of exclusion zones which have properties that are totally different from the bulk water. (Homeopathy in Practice Autumn/ Winter 2018)
- The most advanced scientific research is gradually discovering what homeopaths have known and practised for 200 years:
Epigenetics and the research on gene expression is remarkably close to the homeopathic theory of the miasms.
In his landmark work on clinical trauma therapy, 'The Polyvagal Theory', Stephen Porges PhD explores a 'bottom-up and top-down' model of the functioning of human beings in which the brain regulates the organs of the body, and the organs and viscera are constantly providing feedback to the brain. He thinks we should consider the whole individual in the treatment of mental and physical pathology, which is congruent with the holistic approach of alternative medicine and complimentary therapies.
Oh, and both these spellings are correct: homoeopathy / homeopathy, the former being closer to the Greek roots of the word :)