The art of homeopathy
People have started taking responsibility for their health, and they want a natural medicine that is gentle and without side-effects.
Patients often start their journey with homeopathy while taking allopathic (conventional) drugs. They usually come seeking help for their physical symptoms and discover the role of mental / emotional states in the development of their physical imbalances.
The well-being that comes after healing symptoms naturally, with respect for the body's pace and processes, is a revelation: health is not just the absence of symptoms. It is a deep connection with the self, a lightness of being that comes from the integration of inherited patterns and of all of your experiences from childhood until now.
I take time, during the consultation, to explore all of these aspects with you.
The correct homeopathic remedy can immediately turn your health around in acute states. Healing chronic diseases is a process which takes a little more time and uncovers lessons about your life journey.
My children were raised on homeopathy, 100 million people use homeopathy in Europe alone, and several more hundreds of millions globally. It is the second most used system of medicine in the world.
'The highest ideal of cure is the rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health'
Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) - founder of homeopathy) 2nd aphorism, Organon of the Medical Art
Individual expression of dis-ease
To illustrate the depth and care of a homeopathic prescription, below are just a few examples of cough symptoms I use to select the appropriate remedy out of about 4000 available homeopathic remedies
- Severely painful cough, must hold chest
- dry cough
- irritated, tickling cough
- paroxysmal cough
- dry cough evening, then loose in the morning
- hacking cough
- scant, difficult expectoration
- productive cough
- cough from allergic conditions
- suffocative cough with gagging and vomiting
- night-time cough
- noisy, rattly, loose cough
- metallic sounding cough
- with / without hoarseness
- better / worse from lying down
- worse from slightest motion
- better from cold drinks
- perspiration with cough
Each patient is unique, and homeopaths do not use one-size fits all medicines.
£70 for the first consultation
£50 for follow-ups
The science of homeopathy
- It was discovered 200 years ago by the German physician Samuel Hahnemann
- It is the second most used system of medicine in the world
- It is provided for on the Swiss NHS and in German Land of Bavaria
- In 2007 an experiment led by the Finlay Institute was carried out on 2.1 million people in Cuba involving the use of homeopathic prophylaxis to combat an outbreak of leptospirosis. It was so successful that this treatment has been administered to the entire Cuban population ever since (11 million people), with the result that this disease has almost been eradicated from the island.
- The substances used to make homeopathic remedies are not only highly diluted, which makes them completely safe, but also vigorously shaken at each stage of the serial dilution process to activate their electro-magnetic properties
For the nerds amongst you :)
- Renowned scientists in the world are now supporting homeopathy because the result of their research is starting to have a bearing on the plausibility of homeopathy. Among them:
Physicist and Nobel laureate Professor Brian Josephson of Cambridge University UK, who argues that the interactions of biomolecules with their substrates are best described by quantum theory and electromagnetic signalling.
Virologist and Nobel laureate Professor Luc Montagnier MD, whose work shows the influence of electromagnetic fields having a biological effect.
Jerry Pollack, professor of bio-engineering at Seattle's University of Washington. He published a book, The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor (2014), in which he outlines what happens to water when it is in contact with a surface, (eg a membrane), and the formation of exclusion zones which have properties that are totally different from the bulk water. (Homeopathy in Practice Autumn/ Winter 2018)
- The most advanced scientific research is gradually discovering what homeopaths have known and practised for 200 years:
Epigenetics and the research on gene expression is remarkably close to the homeopathic theory of the miasms.
In his landmark work on clinical trauma therapy, 'The Polyvagal Theory', Stephen Porges PhD explores a 'bottom-up and top-down' model of the functioning of human beings in which the brain regulates the organs of the body, and the organs and viscera are constantly providing feedback to the brain. He thinks we should consider the whole individual in the treatment of mental and physical pathology, which is congruent with the holistic approach of alternative medicine and complimentary therapies.
By the way, both these spellings are correct: homoeopathy / homeopathy, the former being closer to the Greek roots of the word.