'We are now at the exciting stage where much long-term research has been replicated. [...] Meta-analyses of homeopathic trials - reproducible in vitro research - along with continued clinical research show that there is demonstrable evidence for homeopathy. Researchers are now reporting that this evidence doesn't get published seemingly only for the reason that it conflicts with the current scientific paradigm.'
Homeopathy in Practice magazine. Spring/Summer 2019
Facts about homeopathy
- It was discovered 200 years ago by the German physician Samuel Hahnemann
- It is the second most used system of medicine in the world
- It is used by 100 million people in Europe
- It is provided for on the Swiss NHS
- In 2007 an experiment led by the Finlay Institute was carried out on 2.1 million people in Cuba involving the use of homeopathic prophylaxis to combat an outbreak of leptospirosis. It was so successful that this treatment has been administered to the entire Cuban population in subsequent years, with the result that this disease has almost been eradicated from the island.
- The substances used to make homeopathic remedies are not only highly diluted, which makes them completely safe, but also vigorously shaken at each stage of the serial dilution process to activate their electro-magnetic properties
- Renowned scientists in the world are now starting to support homeopathy because the result of their work is starting to have a bearing on the plausibility of homeopathy. Among them:
Physicist and Nobel laureate Professor Brian Josephson of Cambridge University UK, who argues that the interactions of biomolecules with their substrates are best described by quantum theory and electromagnetic signalling.
Virologist and Nobel laureate Professor Luc Montagnier MD, co-discoverer of the AIDS virus, whose work shows the influence of electromagnetic fields having a biological effect.
Jerry Pollack, professor of bio-engineering at Seattle's University of Washington. His book, The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor (2014), in which he outlines what happens to water when it is in contact with a surface, eg a membrane), and the formation of exclusion zones which have properties that are totally different from the bulk water. (Homeopathy in Practice Autumn/ Winter 2018)
- The most advanced scientific research is gradually discovering what homeopaths have known and practised for 200 years:
Epigenetics and the research on gene expression is remarkably close to the homeopathic theory of the miasms.
In his landmark work on clinical trauma therapy, 'The Polyvagal Theory', Stephen Porges PhD explores a 'bottom-up and top-down' model of the functioning of human beings in which the brain regulates the organs of the body, and the organs and viscera are constantly providing feedback to the brain. He thinks we should consider the whole individual in the treatment of mental and physical pathology, which is congruent with the holistic approach of alternative medicine and complimentary therapies.
(more information about homeopathy to come)
‘The highest ideal of cure is the rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health.’ Samuel Hahnemann, 2nd aphorism, Organon of the Medical Art
Oh, and both these spellings are correct: homoeopathy / homeopathy, the former being closer to the Greek roots of the word :)